General Purpose Organic Socks 75mm x 2.4m
Designed to contain and control unwanted liquid spills ranging from oil and solvents to water and non-aggressive chemicals.
Made from 100% cellulose fibres(cotton mote), it absorbs liquids on contact through capillary action. The absorbed liquid is locked into the cellulose fibre, preventing leaching and handling problems with clay and polypropylene sorbents. The performance attributes of Organic General Purpose sorbents make them ideal for industrial clean-up of spilled liquids and the environmental alternative to clay and diatomaceous earth.
- Organic GP socks absorbs approx 11-13L of spill liquid per sock.
- Absorbs liquids within fibres versus absorbing liquids on fibres' exterior only
- Absorbs immediately on contact, faster than clay, diatomaceous earth, corncobs and recycled newspaper
- Absorbs up to 14 times more volume than clay absorbents
- Retains the liquids absorbed thereby preventing leaching of sorbed liquids
- Absorbs all liquids except strong inorganic acids and caustics.
- Anti Static
- No free silica preventing health problems (silicosis) associated with clay and diatomaceous earth
- Non abrasive to machinery
- Works in all tempreatures, sub freezing to hot
- 100% organic-envirnomentally friendly, Green cross certified
- Increases options for disposal
- Landfill- passes and exceeds Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP), Paint Filter Test and Liquid Release Test (LRT) - won't leach /drain eliminating free liquid problems
- Incinerates at low tempreatures (industrial boilers, etc)
- Bioremediation - will break down to natural organic elements with the use of microbial enzyme action
- Environmentally responsible from origin to disposal
Good for containment of spills.