The question we get asked most often about Hard Hats is, when they need to be replaced.
So I thought I would re-post this article discussing the relevant timelines in which a Hard Hat needs to be replaced in accordance with Australian Standards: Hard Hat Life Span and when it needs to be replaced.
In addition, to these timelines there are essential tell tale signs of when a part or the whole Hardhat needs to be replaced. You should visually inspect your hard hat each time before you wear it. You should replace your hard hat when:-
- Cracks start to appear in the shell
- The shiny surface becomes dull or chalky
- The shell becomes brittle
- An impact has been made with the helmet surface
- The suspension becomes brittle
- If one or more of any of the mounts break off
- The suspension will no longer hold securely on your head
- The cradling straps break or become worn.